Can you tell others’ stories through film? Are you available now and for the next few months?
We are looking for an inquisitive, creative and organised video producer / editor / visual storyteller with proven filming and editing skills, naturally interested in using their prowess in film and editing to tell other people’s stories. We are looking to hire asap on a temporary basis to support our team of qualitative researchers and film producers. There is a possibility that this role could become a permanent position after a few months.
As you will see from our work, we produce ground-breaking research for government, regulators, charities, NGOs and the private sector. All our projects start with research because without a solid understanding of how the world works, there is little hope of making it better. But research does little on its own—that’s what makes us so unique—we look to actually solve problems using design, innovation and visual communication to enable and inspire change. We also know how to have fun doing it!
Required technical skills:
- Curiosity about the world and people around us – this role requires you to be a storyteller with an interest in multimedia formats – from traditional live-action video, screen recording, 360 video and remote interview footage
- Solid experience of Canon DSLRs / video cameras
- Technical knowledge of key apps within the Adobe Creative Suite including Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects
- Excellent understanding of video and audio code
- A passion for new technology and the ability to integrate it into new projects
- Highly computer literate with great knowledge of smartphones, MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Required attitude and experience:
- The ability to conceptualise projects, with a good understanding of the creative process
- A great team player who is able to work with other creatives and people who are in different job roles
- A can-do attitude who isn’t afraid to get stuck into a wide range of projects
- We are a team here but everyone needs to be able to work independently too and there is always a need to be flexible in terms of your role
- With creativity, also comes the need of strong organisational skills. We often have deadlines to meet and are very able at working at a fast pace in an environment of growth – we would need you to have an ability to deal with any last-minute changes
- We need this person to have well developed interpersonal skills, able to communicate succinctly and effectively and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions.
- We often work with some of the most vulnerable people in this country, being able to engage with and represent them and their stories is vital.
- As with all interesting roles you will be required to be able to prioritise when needed, think logically and strategically whenever you can.
- We also need to you to stay energetic yet calm and positive under pressure
- You will particularly enjoy this role if you have an inquisitive and open mind, are curious about the world, have a thirst for learning and invested in making positive change happen.
This is not all work – We do balance our commitment to work with a commitment to looking after our people: from morning yoga to free breakfasts and frequent socials such as a Friday BBQs and film nights. Everything we do socially is designed to be fun and inclusive.
HOW TO APPLY
Culture is important to us and we all get so much out of working collaboratively under the same roof in our amazing London office, so please only apply if you would like to be based in the office while you are not filming. Filming will take place in various locations across the UK – the successful applicant must be prepared for some travel.
We are looking for candidates who can start ASAP and salary is dependent on experience. (c.£30k pa)
- please attach your portfolio, CV and Covering Letter (together in one PDF document), telling us why this role appeals to you. To strengthen your application please don’t use your covering letter as an extension of your CV, but demonstrate what sets you apart from your peer group and why you would like to work for Revealing Reality.
- In your application please include a link to your current showreel, and write a short paragraph on what you understand about research and the role of film in the research industry. Those who do not do this will not be considered for the role.
- We also have a short task for you. Our portfolio reveals a sample of the work we produce:
Which one is your favourite? What can we do to make it better?
Please also let us know who inspires you? Tell us about three inspiring people, companies, creatives or pieces of work. Let us know what you think is amazing and what we can work towards.
There are no wrong answers. These questions are important, and your application will not be considered without answering them.
Deadline for applications is: Wednesday 21st February 2024 @ 11.55pm
Many thanks for your interest!